cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Locales

p.horwood
Level 1
Level 1

If I install various locales including English, French and German I cannot search for French and German users from an English locale.

If I configure a German User Hans Böttcher, this is not searchable from an English Locale. Strangely German and French locales contain each others accents. Is there any fix to this or way around this

Many Thanks

9 Replies 9

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you talking about a search from the end user page in CUCM or in the corporate directory from the IP Phone itself?  What version of CUCM and what version of the locales?

CUCM version 7.1.2

Locales 7.1.2.3000

And yes searching from the Ip Phone directory

AD/LDAP integrated or only using CM directory?

No AD integration - just CUCM directory

Hmm... can't find anything specfic on this... let me mock it up in the lab and see what I find.

-Matt

What version of your phone firmware are you running as well?  I have found a defect, don't know if its related but if you're running the firmware that came with 7.1.2 you may be susceptible.

• Phone load 8-5-2 for 42/62 which acounts for 90% of the deployed phones

Cheers Matt

I have worked this in the form of a recreate and it looks like I am seeing some issues related to this configuration.  At this point I think it would be beneficial for you to open a TAC SR to continue working this because it could likely result in a new defect or shed light on a possible configuration problem in your cluster.

I would be happy to continue working on this with you, but my team is not currently on shift.  You can open a new case now and have the accepting engineer reference this thread and I will tell them what I have done to test so they can continue or you may wait until tomorrow around 9AM EDT when my team comes back on shift and I can accept the case myself... your choice.

Please send me a private message with the SR number once you have it opened.

--Matt

Thanks Matt. Mail me your e-mail address please

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: