Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SPA3102 separate fax and calls

crediteurope
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

we have configured Linksys SPA3102 to communicate with CUCM 6.1 so there is no problem with receiving or making calls from deskphone via PSTN connected to FXO. Fax machine is connected to FXS interface of SPA3102. Is it a way to separate fax traffic and calls using just single PSTN number? For example if fax came to send it to local machine and if call - send it to extention registered on CUCM.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you were using a Cisco IOS Gateway, you could use the fax detect script for this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fax/configuration/guide/vf_cfg_fx_detect_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

I don't have enough expereince with the Small Business line to know the feature set of that box, but I'm willing to take a guess that unless you see an option in the UI for a fax detect capability, then you're not going to get it to happen with that device.

-Steve

faswar.mon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Dear crediteurope,

First of all, sorry to send a message in 6 years old thread, but my problem is exactly what you have already achieved. I mean i want to configure SPA and CUCM so that i can make call from IP Phones (registered with CUCM) through FXO port (PSTN Line). This task you have mentioned you did successfully. Can you please guide me in this matter what configuration is required on SPA and CUCM. I have tried many settings on SPA but still no luck in getting my calls through FXO line.

Thanks,