cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum number of devices associated to an AppUser

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuma/7_1/XML/new_installs/cuma71_new_install_config_chapter3.html#task_CUM_5697359235620270314

"Because Cisco Unified Communications Manager limits Application User accounts to support for 250 devices, you may need to create up to four separate accounts to accommodate the maximum 1000 Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage users."

Maximum 250 devices per app user? Does this make sense? I never seen this limitation before and I am sure it works with at least 600 devices.

Thank you for your feedback.

Yorick

8 Replies 8

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yorick,

I did some checking in the 7.x SRND, Configuration Guide, System Guide, and Features and Services guide and I couldn't find any place where this limitation exists.  I will go ahead and check with some contacts in the BU to verify.

Since this is in the CUMA guide, there may be a "theoretical" limitation, but I personally have never run into it.  I will let you now when I find out some more information.

--Matt

Thanks a lot for your help Matt. You guys are the real force of Cisco, helping us everyday and making the technical world clearer.

Yorick

Hi Yorick, Matt,

I'm running into the same problem. We can only associate 250 devices to a single application user.

We use this application user for an application that uses the cisco TSP/TAPI and really need to controll more than 250 devices with this user...

Did you receive an update/reply from the BU on this?

Rgs

Thanks

Luk

Hi Luk,

What do you mean by "we can only associate 250 devices". Do you mean that you cannot because of the theorical limitation, or because the system really refuses to save the configuration when you place more than 250 devices into the "associated" field?

For my experience, I can associate more than 250 without error message.

What is your CUCM version?

Yorick

Hi Yorick,

I'm  running CUCM 7.1.3b SU2.

I'm unable to add more then 250 devices because the system refuses and will not add more than 250 devices in the controlled Devices list...

rgs

Luk

Hi Luk,

I have a 7.1.5 and I think I don't have the problem. I just tested to associate 380 phones C7945 to 4 different appusers (active recording) and the system let me doing it without message.

What I do:

- open the appuser profile

- click "find more phone"

- choose the option to display 250 items (upper right corner)

- do a search with device starting with SEP

- select All

- click Add

- click "find more phone" again

- go to page 2

- select all

- click Add

- save the profile of appuser

Then I controlled and it seems they are all in the list.

Can you post a screenshot or something of the error message you got?

Yorick

Hi Yorick,

It seems to be an IE6 problem... works fine with IE7 or Firefox.

Thanks

Rgs,

Luk

Hi Luk,

Very happy to read that!

Yorick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: