Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5000, 2000 and vss

Tony MALPASS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Could you recommend a cisco book that covers the configuration and intergration of the above mentioned technologies.

cheers

tony

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tony,

There is not really a book that explains the technology and integration.  Your best resource is the config guides

here is one for VSS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vss.html

HTH

Reza

Hi,

Great post..

I have scenario where in 2 N5k's in a pair are connected to vss (upsttream)in a single port channel. For testing the failover and end to end connnectivity, I tried to ping from a fex on N5k to a switch connected to VSS s/w. In the mean while I rebooted the primary but the ping didn't drop but as soon as  the primary N5K was up I could see 6 to 7 ping  drops and againn it started pininng continously.. 
Can u guyz help me with it.

no anwer but I intend to install VSS + N5k by end of the year ... so interested by conclusions if you find origin of the problem.

Hi,

could you attach your topology?

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card