I presently have a small wireless deplyment using 1141 LWAPP against WiSM Controllers. The Controller is configured with a SSID against a Dynamic interface.
For user mobility, the company wish to use a single SSID for movement of staff between offices
New office coming online to use 3502 CAPWAPs configured as HREAP's and local switching mode.
My understanding is that the CAPWAPs require a virtual interface on the controller for CAPWAP>Controller traffic. Does a Dynamic interface for the users at the HREAP site require defining on the controller ? If not, how does an SSID on the controller get mapped to the vLAN on the remote site ?
No problem, so reviewing your comments below really all you have to do is the following.
Once the SSID is set to H-REAP Local Switching, and the AP is set to H-REAP Mode do the following:
- Under AP Configuration Click the H-REAP tab and enable VLAN Support
- Set the Native VLAN to 797 and hit Apply
- Under AP Configuration Click the H-REAP tab Click VLAN Mappings
- Enter the respective vlans for the SSID's if they are different from shown
- On the Remote Switch configure the AP port as a Trunk port just like you did with the WLC port (Vlan 797 Native and 301 allowed.)
The H-REAP Grouping is more important if your using 802.1x or EAP type authentication where a radius server is used; you can create an H-REAP group to put them in if you want even if you don't use this authentication method. As for how the WLC knows there remote; I don't believe it cares.
You can see the examples in my 3 screen shots attached.
I hope this helps... Please rate useful posts.