Helpful
Replies

1242AG accidentally deleted all usernames

David Beadsmore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm in need of some help...

Whilst working on a 1242AG access point I accidentally deleted the username. The default username had already been deleted when it was first installed.

The config was then saved as the startup config.

Normally I would reset the unit holding the mode button whilst powering up etc and start again. However, this AP is up in the roof of a bus depot and I will need to get access equipment in order to reach it.

It is still on the network for web access but now won't accept any usernames or passwords.

Is there any way round this without having to get physical access to the unit.....?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I request you to brief me out more on what is the username?? i mean... Username which we enter while login to the device?? Do we have the access to the device??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra,

When the AP was first installed, the default Cisco username and Cisco password was removed.

A new username and password was assigned with full access levels.

Accidentally whilst in console mode, a 'no username xxxx' command was entered and saved. Therefore the AP now has totally no usernames in it.

We can connect to it on the network but cannot log in.

I was wondering whether even after the default username and all others have been deleted if there is still some kind of 'last resort' login that can be used?

Thanks,

Dave

David Beadsmore

Implementation Manager

Parkeon

M: 07824 371028

Sent via Blackberry

oops.... Sorry, there is no other way to access other than consoling into it now... what happens if we try accessing the GUI?? if we provide the right password?

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There may be hope yet.  You can remotely re-configure using SNMP.  There are alot of applications (including CiscoWorks) and another is Solarwinds' Engineer Toolset.

Nice one thanks. That could definitely be worth a try.

Cheers,

Dave

David Beadsmore

Implementation Manager

Parkeon

M: 07824 371028

Sent via Blackberry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card