cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install AnyConnect Client

kjhealey2726
Level 1
Level 1

My IT department is requiring an upgrade of the Cisco AnyConnect Client.  I am not sure what version I had before, but I believe it was a 3.x version.  That version was working fine.  However, whenever I try to install the Cisco AnyConnect version 2.4.1012, it fails with the error:

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action VACon_Install, location: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\VACon.exe, command: -install "C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\vpnva.inf" VPNVA

I am running Windows Vista for Business (32 bit).

I have been working on this problem for a few days with no solution. Some of the things that I have tried:

- Ensuring that my account has administrator access.

- Turning off all virus protection and firewalls.

- Manually removing all traces of all Cisco VPN Clients from the system (not sure if i was able to remove ALL traces)

- Shutting down all unnecessary services during install.

No matter what I do, I get the above error.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached the MSI install log below.  You can see the error occur at line 2151.

Thank You.

5 Replies 5

rahgovin
Level 4
Level 4

Can you try installing the msi as follows:

MSIExec /i anyconnect-win-x.x.xxxx-pre-deploy-k9.msi NOINSTALLACTIVEX=1

x.x.xxxx stands for the version of course

rahgovan,

Thank you for your help.  I tried that and received the same error.  Any other suggestions?

Thank You.

bravotom99
Level 1
Level 1

Check if you have this key in the registry.   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce.  If not, add it and then try the install again

Thomas,

Thank you for your response.  However, I have seen that suggestion on the web and already checked.  The registry key was already there.

Thank you,

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: