cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I get "Dial 9 For an Outside line" to appear at the bottom of a 79XX phone?

aejhpp9
Level 1
Level 1

Saw a phone at a local retailer that had "Dial 9 For An Outside Line" how do I add that to my 79XX series of phones?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What does the status line currently display?  If it says 'Your current options' then you have CUCM.  If it says something like 'Cisco Unified CME' then you have CME.  The former cannot be changed, the later is done with these commands:

enable

config t

telephony-service

system message "message"

reset all 1 <---resets all phones

exit

exit

wr <---saves config

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

With CUCME you can use a 'system message' command under telephony-service config to set that line.

I don't believe you can set it on a CUCM system.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I appreciate the reply but how do I know if what I have is CUCME or CUCM?

If you don't know you'll struggle to configure it :-)

CUCM is server based and uses routers for PSTN connectivity and other stuff, whereas CUCME is based on a router only.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

What does the status line currently display?  If it says 'Your current options' then you have CUCM.  If it says something like 'Cisco Unified CME' then you have CME.  The former cannot be changed, the later is done with these commands:

enable

config t

telephony-service

system message "message"

reset all 1 <---resets all phones

exit

exit

wr <---saves config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: