load balancing + redundancy between 2 ISP

Answered Question
Jul 28th, 2010

Hi,

i want to make a load balancing and redoundancy between 2 ISP.

To make redoudant link in local network in know the HSRP protocol but it's not possible to make load balancing with it. I have saw the "evolution" with MHSRP and an other protocol GLBP.

For you what of this 2 protocol is the best?

And if i'm right this two protocol permit load banlancing only for the local network if i want make load balancing on inboud traffic i must use BGP right?

So for a total load balancing + redundancy i must use BGP + MHSRP or GLBP right?

Thanks for your answer

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Chetan Kumar Ress about 6 years 4 months ago

Hi Anthony

If you are in topology 7 , Then simply you can have load balancing & redundancy using BGP.

You can do load sharing with inbound & outbound traffic , Use one link for inbound to outbound  & other one for outbound.to inbound

Below are the detail :

From Inside to Outside use : Local Prep

From Outside to Inside use  : Prepend AS

Reagrds

Chetan Kumar

http://chetanress.blogspot.com

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Anthony.glidic Wed, 07/28/2010 - 10:32

Thanks,

i'm in the 7 topology situation. I'm just think to add a VPN for second connection between the 2 buildings just in case my fibre broke.

Correct Answer
Chetan Kumar Ress Wed, 07/28/2010 - 11:27

Hi Anthony

If you are in topology 7 , Then simply you can have load balancing & redundancy using BGP.

You can do load sharing with inbound & outbound traffic , Use one link for inbound to outbound  & other one for outbound.to inbound

Below are the detail :

From Inside to Outside use : Local Prep

From Outside to Inside use  : Prepend AS

Reagrds

Chetan Kumar

http://chetanress.blogspot.com

Anthony.glidic Wed, 07/28/2010 - 11:45

Ok thanks.

But it's better to only use BGP or add BGLP + BGP?  Because i dont know very well BGP so if i can use MHSRP or BGLP to provide the loadbalancing for my lan that would be easier for me

Actions

This Discussion