cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

intergration paging system, FXO or FSX?

phongbinh
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have to sites, here are the info and equipments we have @each site and hope someone can assist me with this.

site1: have Lucent Page Pac Plus amplicenter D100

paging system - avaya partner Merlin, 408GLS/LS-ID-MDX

router: cisco 2910 router

CUCM 8.0

Phones: 7911, 7942, 7962

site2: have Bogen TPU 100B 100 watt amplifier

paging system - Lucent/Avaya partnet system.

router: cisco 2910 router

CUCM 8.0

Phones: 7911, 7942, 7962

Correct me if i'm wrong but for site2 particularly, i know that Bogen have a TMB module that will allow us to connect to either FXO or FSX port right?

Is there any module/adapter for site1 that will allow us to have the capabilities like in site2, if not, then which one, FSX or FXO port, can we connect to?

Also, can anyone provide me with the configurations and guides on how to do this for both sites please?

2 Replies 2

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, it's FXS, not FSX.  That may help you out with your research.

The general rule of thumb is an FXO always connects to an FXO on the other side.

Another rule of thumb is this: If you plug in an analog phone to the port, and hear dialtone when you go offhook, then the port you are plugging into is an FXS port.

Some 'paging' systems are simply a PA system or essential an audio power amp (I'm guessing that's the case with your  Bogen TPU 100B 100 watt amplifier), and don't do any loop closure when answering the call.  Essentially, it's just an audio line-in jack.  Those you would typically integrate with an e&m port, or use a device to adapt the PA line-in jack to an FXO/FXS port on the other side.

You can usually look at the spec sheets and find out how the device interfaces, and if the ports are telephony ports or just audio jacks.

Hope this helps.

-Steve

First, you should know, what 's exactly FXS and FXO. FXS connect to telephone, fax, etc and FXO connect to PSTN CO or analog from other PBX.

Then, CCVP give you basic concept.

After that:

1. Design model connection beetwen 2 sites
  2. Install, configure CUCM, register IP Phone
  3. Install, configure Voice Gateway, connect to PSTN
  4. Connect to 2 sites, config main route (WAN) and redundant route (PSTN), exam..
  5. Troubleshooting

Regards,

Trung