Accessing Aironet 1310 for configuration

Unanswered Question

I have two Aironet 1310 Series Access Point/Bridges.  They were previously in use, but now I'm trying reconfigure them and set just one of them up as an AP.  However, I can't seem to identify the IP address on the 1310 so I can't access it to reset/re-configure.  I have a ethernet cable connected directly between my laptop and the 1310 and have set the subnet on the laptop to,, and and used IPSU after reseting the subnet to try and ID the 1310 IP address with no luck.  I've also connected the 1310 to the wired network with DHCP ( - and still can't locate the 1310 AP's IP using IPSU.  The S led = fast blinking green, the E led is solid/blinking green, others are off.  Any suggestions on how to access and reconfigure/reset the AP would be most appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Surendra BG Sun, 08/01/2010 - 10:39

Get the console access... Console cable = one end RJ-45 and other end  DB-9 Connector. Open up the hyperterminal using the com ports.. if HT  is not present, then download putty.exe and open up the console access.  Now we will be having the console access and we can assign the IP  address.

Surendra BG Sun, 08/01/2010 - 22:51

Hi Mark,

If the laptop doesnt have the DB9 port, then i guess u need buy the Console to USB converter.. where in u can connect the DB on to the converter Jack and the USB to the laptop.. the below link wil give u the better picture..

Let me know how this works out for you.

This Discussion

Related Content