cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - "the agent extension is out of service. Ready state change and call control operations cannot be performed".

I am running UCCX - 7.0(1)SR03_Build011

agents sometimes get this msg.

"the agent extension is out of service.   Ready state change and call control operations cannot be performed".

I do see other netpro discussion where ppl restarted the CTI manager on CUCm to fix issue.

I can probably do the same thing to fix it.  But I would like to know why it happens.  Whats the root cause.

Thanks

vijay

10 Replies 10

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The agents phone is not able to reach the CUCM server due to a connectivity issue.

Hi all,

I have the same problem but only at one user.

We are running CUCX in version 8.5.1.11002-22 with 122 confgured Cisco Agents.

At one user I have the problem at closing or logoff in the agent that this error occurs

-> "the agent extension is out of service. Ready state change and call control operations cannot be performed"

As written this occurs only at one user. This one user can normal logon to the Cisco Agent and also work normal in the Agent so she can change status to "ready" and "not ready" and she gets phone calls via CUCX. After closing the Cisco Agent and clicking OK at the message she also can start Cisco Agent again and login again.

So she can work normal but when she close or logoff Cisco Agent she gets this error message.

At all the other agents nobody gets such a message alos not the users in the same team. I checked all the settings in CUCM and also CUCX and everything is OK especially comparing with other user in the same team.

I also alreay did this beside checking the settings in CUCM and CUCX:

- Remove the users phone from the application user "rmuser" and saving this

- Waiting 1 minute and add the phone again to the application user "rmuser"

- Changing patch cable to the phone and also to the pc

But this error message

-> "the agent extension is out of service. Ready state change and call control operations cannot be performed"

still occurs at this one user when she close the Cisco Agent or logoff in the Cisco Agent.

Would could be the problem at this one user?

What can I do to resolve this problem at this one user?

BR

Michael

The error not occurs with the user data at a another pc. So it could be maybe a problem of the pc / Cisco Agent at this one pc.

So I would reinstall the Cisco Agent at this one pc and make further tests.

Hi Michael,

Could you please check how this Agent Phone and Desktop (PC) are connected. Do you have two NIC's enabled on the Agent PC? Is the Phones Span to PC port Enabled and also try pining the ip address of the phone from the PC and check the connectivity once.

If the phone and PC are accessible to one another you chould not get the above error.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Hi anchoudh,

a connection problem of the phone and / or pc can`t be because the user can as written work normally with the phone and also with the agent at the pc.

I also phoned her today several times without problems and also worked on her pc without any problems.

The only thing is that she gets this message

everytime she close the Cisco Agent or logoff in the Cisco Agent.

But this error didn`t occur at another pc with her login data. So we think this is a problem at her pc maybe with the installed Cisco Agent. But a deinstallation and new-installation of the Cisco Agent at her pc I can`t test today because the user was busy. So at first I can try this on Tuesday.

To your questions:

The pc only have one NIC. From the port at the wall the LAN cable is plugged into the Cisco 7942 phone and then from the Cisco 7942 to the pc.

Both the phone and also the pc I can ping normally.

BR

Michael

Hi Michael,

Looks little tricky. You can try out the below tow options.

Option A:

1. De-associte this phones MAC address from the RmCm application user in the CUCM.

2. Delete this phone frm the CUCM, re-register it one more time (may be with the same DN or new DN).- This step is optional

3. Associte this MAC to RmCm again.

4. Associte this phone to the same agent as controlled device and assign IPCC extension.

and check again.

Option B:

Reinstall the CAD on the same PC.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Hi Anand,

Option A: 1 and 3 I already did without success.

Option B: I will do on Tuesday

BR

Michael

Hi Michael,  I've got the same version and same symptoms you have described is occurring for handful of agents only. We have tried all options and it seems to be occurring intermittently.  Please tell me if your still having the issue.  Thanks, Yavuz

After rebooting both of our Cisco Contact Center server (publisher and subscriber) this problem is resolved at the one user which was affected.

BR

Michael

Hmm strange. I would raise a TAC against this....

We notice that Agent 7942 phone quickly goes into SRST mode and re-registers with CUCM. Happens sporadically.

Thanks!

Yavuz

Sent from my iPhone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: