cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a Hotline Extension

rventura
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible, through CCA, to configure an fxs extension as a hotline extension? i. e. when the phone goes off hook, it dials a number.

Thanks,

Rodney

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rodney,

I don't know if CCA can do this, but it is a fairly simple CLI change.

ephone-dn 1

number 1111

trunk 2222

ephone 1

button 1:1

When ephone 1 goes off hook, it will dial, 2222.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for your reply Brandon.

Does the same command set apply to an analog ext.? I did a show ephone, but I could not find the DN for the analog extension I want to use.

Thanks

Yes. Usually, the analog ephone-dns are the first few in the config. You should also have a corresponding ephone with "type anl". The "button 1:x" command under this ephone will tell you the ephone-dn number.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Anna Tsukerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rodney,

CCA currently does not support this feature. I'm tracking CCA feature requests, and will add this to the list to be considered for one of the future releases.

Thank you,

Anna

vcappucc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Have you also considered using a PLAR in the FXS Voice Port?

The connection plar command under the fxs voice-port (show voice-port summ) can allow you to create a switched Voice over IP (VoIP) call without any digit dialing, this URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800942a5.shtml should be useful

Thank you

Victor.-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: