Study Materials for CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Test

Unanswered Question
Jul 28th, 2010

I need to renew my CCNP in the next 2 months and was hoping to pass the 642-812 test before it went EOL at the end of the month.  Unfortunately that didn't work out as I didn't pass the 642-812 test today.  Because of that I am now looking at studying for the SWITCH (642-813) test.

What can you recomend for good study material for this test?  In particular I would like to get something that will let me do some practice tests, and practice sim's as well.  I used the Cisco Authorized Self-Study Guide for the older BCMSN test, but was less than impressed with the results.

Any recomendations?  What has worked well for everyone else?

Also, how does the SWITCH test compare the the BCMSN test as far as difficulty is concerned?  I notice it gives you more time but has less questions, does Cisco include a break in there too?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading. Sun, 11/07/2010 - 00:32

If anyone came across or knows a good book to learn CCNP Switching from basics and to build strong knowledge , please suggest that book. I like to know to buy it and also to prepare for certification.

Manjunath, India, Bangalore.

mtsb Fri, 11/12/2010 - 07:45

You can refer to combo book

CCNP Routing and Switching Foundation Learning  Library: Foundation Learning for CCNP ROUTE, SWITCH, and TSHOOT  (642-902, 642-813, 642-832)

or else you can refer to this book for swithc alone...

CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide

Check in for price. Fri, 11/12/2010 - 08:27

Hello Madhu , Thanks for reply and suggestion.

Does choosing single dedicated foundation lerning guide is good or a combo book is good ?

Plz tell. Thanks.

mtsb Fri, 11/12/2010 - 09:12

I haven't personally gone thro the combo guide but the official certification  guide is pretty good and exlaborate. if you have access to safari online videos you will get access to VoD as well. Fri, 11/12/2010 - 09:27

Thanks Madhu,

i will choose single book dedicated to switching., will buy foundation guide on switch.

This Discussion