cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pri isdn 4ess/5ess with Callmanager

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

I'm used to configuring  ni2. Now have a customer with either 4ess or 5ess. I have this dim memory of call by call support and a royal pain. Can someone remind me which requires call by call support and doci on how to it. As always thanks.

9 Replies 9

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the switch is running a 4e or 5e variation, there is a good chance that they will need a NSF specified.

Here's a working configuration to ATT running a 4e which may work:

int s1/0:23
isdn outgoing ie display codeset_0  shiftcodeset codeset_6
isdn outgoing display-ie
isdn nsf-service sdn

If you are doing MGCP, you can apply the same concepts to the options in the CM GUI.

-Steve

Beautiful thanks Steve

Where is this option in the GUI?  I've got the same problem on a customer running an older version of CCM, and am having to convert to h323 because I cannot find these options in the GUI.

Clifford,

I think that's set under the route pattern page in the 'ISDN Network-Specific Facilities Information Element' section for MGCP.

-Steve

Hmmm. This customer is on CCM 4.x That section isn't present there (or at least I can't find it).

Cliff McGlamry, CCIE Voice #24757

Master Consultant

(678) 934-0348  direct

(404) 969-9806  mobile

(678) 934-0448  fax

cmcglamry@forsythe.com

Forsythe Solutions Group, Inc.

400 Interstate North Parkway

Atlanta, GA 30339

http://www.forsythe.com

Cliff,

Put the commands in the gateway on the serial interface and then no config-ccm

To stop CM from configuring.

Bill

That was an option. But with this customer....not a good idea. There are a bunch of other ports configured on the device. Real danger that someone would have "added it back".

Cliff

In your lab put the commands on the serial then reload and see if it gets overlaid by CM. If it doesn't you are home free.

Hmmm....I opened this up on CCM v7 in my lab. There is no setting for this in the GUI under protocol specific information. Tried multiple cards as well.

Guess this one is all manual config or h323

Cliff

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: