cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.x to 7.x upgrade

Ojasvi Bansal
Level 1
Level 1

How can I user/device specific settings using BAT tools? such as speed dial settings, shared line etc etc. We are migrating 250 phones from cm 4 to cm 7. Its a fresh install and we did not use DMA.

We are also upgrading Unity to version 7 and would like to transfer over voicemail recording and voicemail messages,

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Regards

OJ

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the option "export all details" and then adjust the file for 7.X, there are many new mandatoy fields that 7.X has and your file will be missing.

Then use the import all details in 7.X

Depending on what Unity version you have you can use COBRAS (4.0(5) is the absolute minimum for the tool)

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your reply.

Apparantely Cisco has a bug in import tool for Unity connection 7.x. Any other option that you could think of?

OJ

COBRAS is the only tool for the job.

Exactly what bug are you talking about?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I tried using the utility. The export from 1.2 went smoothly but during import I got this error message

COBRAS Import Report

(error) failure loading EML file from hard drive for message to subscriber with SMTPAddress=xxxx@xxxx.com in SendMessageToServer_CUC.

(error) 91 (Object variable or With block variable not set) in procedure SendMessageToServer_CUC of Module modUnityMessages

(error) 91 (Object variable or With block variable not set) in procedure SendMessageToServer_CUC of Module modUnityMessages

So I opened a case with Cisco TAC and this is what they replied to me.

This seems to be an issue with Unity Connection 7.1.5 or with the latest COBRAS migration tools that is preventing us from successfully migrating the users messages. Based on my research, I found a case that is actually having the same issue with the same System versions that it is still not resolved and at this point we need to engage additional resources in case we are hitting a new bug.

Thanks for your help.

OJ

TAC got back to me with an updated version of the import tool.

here's the link to download the tool.

COBRAS Export for Connection 1.2

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

COBRAS Import for Connection 7.x and later

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

Thanks for your help guys.

OJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: