cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0.1-How to re-route the call to another route point if call meets RONA?

TouchbaseParam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

When the call is placed to a queue and selects an agent, should the agent not answer the call then i want to route the call to another script.

Please advice … how to achieve this requirement?  It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Param

10 Replies 10

Hi Param,

In the properties of the Select Resource step, you have to set the Connect parameter to "No" and in the parameter Selected Resource you need a variable (the type of this variable is "user") to store the resource that the select resource step choose. After that you will have a selected branch where you need to grab a "connect" step where you use the same variable in the resource selected parameter. There you have the time out of the RNA. The connect step has two branches, connected and failed, so when the call never get handled by the resource it goes to the failed branch.

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel

Thanks lot for your reply...sorry for the delayed reply.

Its works..  but my customer requirement gets bit changed, even though if more than one agents available in Queue if first agent is not answered the call then call should gets routed to another "Route point". That means the call should not get routed to another available agent in that Queue.

Is this requirement is possible to achieve, please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Param

In the Failed branch you should use a call redirect step to the other trigger.

Gabriel.

Please don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi Gabriel

Thanks lot for your reply.

In my previous note i had mentioned my customer requirements got bit changed.

for example, if more than one agent are "ready state" in a Queue the call gets routed to first agent , if first agent is not answered the call should not route to second agent instead routing another application.

Is it possible to achieve?

Thanks

Regards,

Param

Hi Param,

Yes  you can achieve that, again, you need to use the Failed branch of the connect step.There you can use the callredirect step to call the other application trigger or you can use the subflow step to call another script. That is the purpose of that failed branch, if there is no available agent when the call reaches the select resource, then the call goes to the queue branch. If you want to route the call to another available agent then you need a label before the select resource step and in the failed branch  you need a "go to" step that points to the label that is placed before the select resource. Those are the two posible scenarios.

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel

Thanks lot ... My case bit reverse, sorry I haven't given my requirement clearly.

Assume more than one agents are available in a Queue, the LAA agent is not answered the call (first agent) then we need this call will route to another application, Even though more agents available in a Queue.

That means call should not route to another available agent.

Please help me to resolve it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Param

Param,

I already told you before how you can configure that.

"you need to use the Failed branch of the connect step.There you can use the callredirect step to call the other application trigger or you can use the subflow step to call another script. "

Gabriel.

Gabriel

Thanks lot for kind reply.

I have tried, but the call comes to "Failed" node and then immediately call will route to next available agent (assume if other agent is "ready state"), if no other agent available in Queue then the will route to another application.

Please find attached script image

Below I have given "Trial1" and "Trail2" steps

Trail 1:

1. One agent is in ready state .

2. called application number , the call will route to LAA (first agent)

3. First agent has no answered the call, then system make first agent to "Not ready state" and route to another application

Trai2:

1. Two agents are in ready state in same Queue.

2. called application number , the call will route to LAA (first agent)

3. First agent has no answered the call, then system make first agent to "Not ready state" and route to "Second " agent.

4. if "second" agent is not available then the call gets routed to another application

So "trail1" works good, but "trial2" is not working as we expected.

Please advice where I'm wrong, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Param

Param,

Be aware that what you are doing could affect your call counts in Historical Reporting.  If you're not careful you may end-up counting the same call multiple times.  As an alternative, you could call the Select Resource step again with your overflow queue or use the Tigger Application step to launch your failover script directly.

Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Hi Param,

As uscitizen mentions, beware of the reporting implications, if you want to track those calls in a different application by all means redirect the call, you should probably chuck in a dequeue step before you do so. This will allow you to track on that particular application the number of calls which dequeued from the application and went to the second script.

Cheers,

Nathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: