ACS 4.2, Wireless Authentication PEAP/EAP-TLS & Certificates

Unanswered Question

Hi All,

I have a requirement on our wireless network to ONLY approve authentication from machines that are pre-approved. We have our wireless network setup and it's all working well using RADIUS to Microsoft AD servers on the ACS for end user/machine authentication.

We've recently installed a new digital certificate and have enabled EAP-TLS for machine authentication - again all is working as expected with the certificate being downloaded/provided to the remote client as when connection occurs.

Waht I want to do now is actually STOP the provision of the certificate so that I have to use a microsoft Group Policy to install onto the remote clients. In this way I'm thinking that I can then ONLY approve clients that have the correct certificate installed.

Sounds simple, but can I find a way of doing it? - no ... (is what I'm trying to do even possible?)

Any assiatance greatly received ...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
AdmSeguridad01 Wed, 08/25/2010 - 14:28

I'm having exactly the same problem, but backwards. I want to install automatically the certificate in my wireless clients. I'm running ACS 4.2 also and I have been running tests, but I have to install manually the generated certificate in each wireless client (300 laptops).

So I would like to know which configuration are you using (in case it's possible you could send me the running config that you have actually installed).

Thank you very much.

This Discussion