- Bronze, 100 points or more
Till now we have a single metro ring which is further extended like a hierarchial rings. Interpret it as connection of OSPF backbone and sub areas.
Currenlty we are running MSTP on the single ring. What would be the best network setup to run on this hierarchial metro ring?
Below is the consideration
1. Any loop or convergence in new rings should not affect the existing ring.
I looked below options:
1. Running multiple MSTP regions
2. Running REP on new rings but doing this at hardware cost.
3. How about running L2MP but again hardware to be upgraded. Will this serve my purpose?
What is the best option in this setup?