cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Wildcard Certificate Install for PEAP

Rich Rangel
Level 1
Level 1

Does ACS support Wildcard certificate authentication, such as *.domain.com?  We installed the certificate through ACS using CA, but when using wireless devices, the certificate is still not verified.  Any information would be helpful before we go and purchase another certificate.  Thank you.

7 Replies 7

jason.south
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into this same issue, I think.  I found your question in my search, but see that no one ever replied.  Did you determine if a wildcard certificate will work with ACS and PEAP?  My test/trial tells me that it probably does not.  Any help or confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This issue is related to AAA. Moving it to AAA community.

Thanks,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards

tbostrom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can someone validate whether wildcard certs are supported with ACS and PEAP, please.  I'm running into the same issue that Jason outlines above.  It seems that Windows clients specifically don't like the wildcard cert. I have tried with Mac and iPhone and they seem to work if you accept the cert into the keychain on first connect.

wtribble80
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same exact question.  Wildcard Cert for ACS PEAP does not seem to work.

BUMP

Thanks Minakshi.  I will get a server specific cert.

minkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Unfortunately Wildcard certificates are not supported with ACS.

Regards

Minakshi (Do rate the helpful posts )

rteel
Level 1
Level 1

The only time I had to deal with a wildcard cert, we had to disable Validate Server Certificate for it work. Not necessarily what you want to do! Ultimately customer got server specific cert.

Clarification.... That was on MS IAS server, not ACS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: