cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 Show extension already in use message when phone is idle.

kmusgraves
Level 1
Level 1

UCM: 7.1.3

Phone:7965

phone load:sccp45.8-3-2S

I have a user reporting that when she gets a call from another 7965 user when her phone is idle. The calling party say their phone shows the extension is already in use on the phone. The called party can answer the call but must answer on the first or second ring or it goes to voicemail. What can I do to resolve this issue?

5 Replies 5

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this a shared line in CUCM?

Also, what is the full version of CUCM you're running, for example 7.1.3.XXXXX-YY

Yes, this is a shared line and noone is on line when she get the call. The version is 7.1.3.32011-1

Some tracing will likely be required to determine your issue.  I would recommend opening a TAC SR so that an engineer can assist you investigate this issue in more detail.

We found the issue to be our mass messaging system (IP Celerate) had a buddy feature that turned on during the last upgrade. The feature notifies you the status of your frequent called buddies. Thanks for your help.

jscleland
Level 1
Level 1

Experienced same issue with 7941s and 7961s on CUCM 7.X.

Upgrading the phone's firmware to the most current version corrected the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: