cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 8.0 with External Database (IM Logging)

lordshawn
Level 1
Level 1

I downloded the POstgres databse windows installer and have installed it on a seperate server.

I followed the Doc from Cisco but I get this error.

Verify external database server connectivity (database connection check):

The following CUP node to external database server connection(s) failed:

• presence >> tcmadb (Message Archiver)
  • Solution:

Verify the hostname, username, and password are valid

Well they are??

HOst i put the IP, 10.10.10.18

Any help?  Username is right since i can login on the server itself.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skarahasan
    Level 1
    Level 1

After 2 days of time wasting , I tried lordshawn 's method and it finally worked...

Try creating an admin user in windows named tcuser and it should help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

lordshawn
    Level 1
    Level 1

So two days of hacking i got it to pass. I made a user account named "TCUSER" on the windows server with ADMIN rights.   That WAS NOT in the documentation!!!!!!!!

Can you elaborate on the TCUser? I have getting the same error message and I am sure the hostname, username and pas
    sword are correct.

Did you create a TCUSER as a database login user? if so, what rights did you give them. Did you use the default database postgres?

Thanks for your help.

check this link for tcuser...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/database/guide/Installing_Configuring_Postgre.html#wpxref31145

you should alter tcuser as superuser in the db which you create..

I am also facing the same issue, need help. I have installed PostgressSQL 9.0 and 9.3 on my Laptop. While connecting database from Presence Server, putting Hostname as my Laptop's IP address.

skarahasan
    Level 1
    Level 1

After 2 days of time wasting , I tried lordshawn 's method and it finally worked...

Try creating an admin user in windows named tcuser and it should help

Yup that works.  Glad someone else found this post!

You must edit the pg_hba.conf file to allow connections from your CUPS server. Without this you will get the "

Verify the hostname, username, and password are valid" error.

While this is documented it is not completely clear as documented on this page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/database/guide/Preparing_database_setup.html#wp1055358

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: