Multiple Access Points (1142N-A-K9) one SSID?

Unanswered Question
Jul 29th, 2010

Ok, another "quick" question   I currently have 1 access point and it's working fine however I'd like to add an additional access point, how  will I need to setup the radio's so that I only have one SSID?  I don't  know if I'm using the correct terminology here but the goal would be to  have one SSID for both access points so that it's seemless for someone  connecting to it if that makes sense.  Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Thu, 07/29/2010 - 16:21

Copy the config from the current one, change the BVI1 IP address and copy it across.  Deploy the new AP so that the radios would cover one another so clients can cross one AP to another without loosing the link.

brenteverett Fri, 07/30/2010 - 06:24

leolaohoo wrote:

Copy the config from the current one, change the BVI1 IP address and copy it across.  Deploy the new AP so that the radios would cover one another so clients can cross one AP to another without loosing the link.

Thanks for your reply!  I've got the additional AP setup currently however its the last part that I'm unsure of.  Right now the radio's on both AP's are configured as AP's, would I need to set one as the root or something similar so that a client can roam from AP to AP without losing connection?

Actions

This Discussion