cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Database for CUCM and Alcatel PBX

christianojum
Level 1
Level 1

I recently integrated CUCM 6.0 with Acatel PBX 4400. Currently the CUCM has its users in its own database while the Alcatel PBX has its uwn users in its own database. I would like to achieve a syncronized (common) database for both the CUCM and the Alcatel PBX. In this case, the CUCM will have access to Alcatel PBX users and vice versa.

Can any one advice me on the best approach to achieve this? Provision of Documentations on the suggested approach will be highly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Really the only way you can achieve this sort of thing is by either:

1) Having both systems using a common directory

- In CCM terms, this is most commonly your corporate LDAP directory (e.g. Active Directory). There is lots of information available in the SRND for your version of CUCM about doing this, or just search these forums. You can either use LDAP for the entire user db (i.e. tightly link the two and optionall use LDAP for authentication) or you can simply replace the directory that users see with one based on LDAP rather than the CCM user DB.

- Whether or not your Alcatel can do a similar integration is probably better researched in the Alcatel documentation/forums; unless someone here has some experience with that system.

2) Implementing a process to sync users between the two systems

- On CCM there are APIs (SOAP/AXL principally) that you can use to retrieve/write info from the CCM database.

- There may be similar APIs for Alcatel; if so then you could write middleware to read from one and write to the other bidirectionally to keep the user lists in sync.

Of the two, option 1 would no doubt be the simplest depending largely on what the Alcatel is capable of.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Aaron,

I really appreciate your promt response to this request. Your informatiom made a lot of sence. Ithoght in that direction ie the option1, but your response has just confirmed it.

The Alcatel Engr has confirmed to me that the Alcatel PBX can pull the user directory from the AD. However, we have not yet done the integration. I really appreciate your contribution and I believe that it will work.

Regards,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: