Views
Helpful
Replies

Rommon reload IOS but tftp timeout

yong khang NG
Level 5
Level 5

hi,

i try load the new IOS C1841-ADVENTERPRISEK9-MZ.124-24.T3.bin to C1841 ISR. Everything seems fine about the setting on the rommon, but once it y copy to almost 70% my TFTP prompt operation aborted: timeout.

i check the log of my TFTP applicatin, showing "dropped because peer didn't respond", during the copy process i doing ping -t test, once it timeout , the router interface also showing timeout.

my topology is direct connection, using a crossover cable. default gateway is using router interface IP.

anyone can help? would it be anything deal wit the IOS i download?

thank you

Noel

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using TFTP32 as a client?

• i am tftp server, somehow

yong khang NG
Level 5
Level 5

Anyway, anyone know what's the meaning of "ACK block 0 ignore" mean?

then it hold and timeout occur

thank you

Try uisng TFTP32.

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Most of the older TFTP servers do not support file size greater than 16 MB. TFTPd32 is one of the TFTP server implementations that supports file size greater than 16 MB. You can download TFTPd32 here:

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

The symptoms you are explaining seems more like the issue with the TFTP server not supporting bigger images. So, please try using TFTPd32 and see  if that helps.

Regards,

NT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: