Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 not viewable in CiscoView

austin.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently running CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 which contains CiscoView 6.1.5. (Build Id :NT_CVW6_1_5_INCR_UPDATE_20060901_0601)

CiscoView works fine for all my nodes apart from my 6509s. When I try to access them i get the following error message:

Can't find applicable device package for <ip address>.

Cause
Device package for this device type is not installed or device support for this device type might not be available or you are attempting to open a component inside a device.

Action
Please install a device package for the device type or open the parent device to manage the component.

I have updated the available device packages, and any software updates available. Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're missing the CVGenericPackage.  You should have a CVGenericPackage.zip file in both of the previously mentioned directories.  You should be able to find this package on Cisco.com or from Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of the Cat6000IOS package do you have installed?  What is the sysObjectID of this 6500?

Thanks for the quick response.

sysObjectID is: enterprises.cisco.ciscoProducts.cat6509

How do find the version of Cat6000IOS package?

When I try Common Services/Device Update/Cisco View I get an HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error:

java.util.NoSuchElementException

It sounds like you may have some map file corruption.  Post the cvw map files under NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps.

Here they are:

These files are corrupt.  This was most likely triggered by CSCsj58812.  While the bug is fixed in Common Services 3.0.6, once the map files are corrupt, they need to be recovered.  The bug workaround lists the steps to do this.

Once the maps are recovered, you should be able to upgrade your installed Cat6000IOS package to 30.2 (along with the related packages).  That should allow you to view your 6500.

I have tried the workaround in bug CSCsj58812, unfortunately I get the following error when I run the commands:

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.PackageUtils).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

I have tried this with the CW Deamons running and stopped. I still get the java.util.NoSuchElementExceptionerror when I try to access the device packages.

This error is normal.  Make sure you delete the two cvw map files before running the command.  If, after doing that, you still get the error in the UI, post all of the map files.

First of all many thanks for your help so far

The commands have recovered the map files, and I can now see the package information, but the fault still occurs.

I am using the following packages:

Cat6000IOS30.2Cat6000IOS Device Package

I have even deleted this package and downloaded it again, but I still get the error on all four of my 6509s

I have attached the latest map files.

Post the list of contents in NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/CVng/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/cvw/devpkgs and NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cvw.

Here they are:

To be clear, you are still seeing the error about not finding an applicable package for the device?  If so, post the cv.log.

Unfortunately the error still occurs whenever I select a 6509. All my other switches are fine:

Can't find applicable device package for p_address>

Cause
Device package for this device type is not  installed or device support for this device type might not be available or you  are attempting to open a component inside a  device.

Action
Please install a device package for the device  type or open the parent device to manage the component.

I have attached the cv.log

Thanks

Post the output of "cacls *" from the devpkgs directory as well as the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Here you go:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: