cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use Self-Service for Outbound held in ISQ?

Daithi1972
Level 1
Level 1

I created an outbound Content Filter which adds the header 'X-Ironport-Quarantine'. I tested by sending an email outbound, which was caught by the Content Filter and sent to the ISQ. I click on the URL received through Spam Notifications for self service, but I can only see inbound mails held in the ISQ. If I go in as admin, I can see the email held in the ISQ. Is this correct, or should I be able to release outbound through self service?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello David,

I assume the test message was send to an external address, so that recipient would get the notification and then can access/release the message. So that's why you do not have it in your list, as the sender usually does not get notified. That's one thing to consider when you configure outbound spam scanning, in general it's not useful to enable spam notification for this, as the recipient is an external address that does not have access to the quarantine.

Regards,

Andreas

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello David,

I assume the test message was send to an external address, so that recipient would get the notification and then can access/release the message. So that's why you do not have it in your list, as the sender usually does not get notified. That's one thing to consider when you configure outbound spam scanning, in general it's not useful to enable spam notification for this, as the recipient is an external address that does not have access to the quarantine.

Regards,

Andreas