Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing

harisapkota123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

there are two computers connected to different interfaces of a router, i used a routing protocol to communicate them,

ping was successful, when i accessed another computer from one computer it couldnt be accessed like in LAN environment,

Now, I want to know which factor of network blocks to share my computer resources, like file, printer etc.

Is there any possibility to happen like that?

If i got answer in detail, i would be very thankful to all of u.

Thx in advance

2 Replies 2

u1kumar2002
Level 1
Level 1

if you can ping both computers , Then the issue will be file sharing. Since Router resposiblity is to route the packet to destination. If two Pc are reachble. Then most likely its issue of some local policies or Network Adaptor File sharing.., After successful reachblilty you can take remote desktop of peer PC

Plz Check

Uttam

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Services like file sharing and priting use netbios. Typically routers block these. If you want to enable these services, you need to configure the router accordingly.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk870/tk877/tk880/technologies_tech_note09186a008011b570.shtml

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card