cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two local networks

toksoladuti
Level 1
Level 1

We have two offices a couple of miles apart connected via a 10MB Ethernet link provided by Virgin Media Business for the purposes of business continuity replication. Office A is on a 192.168.10.0/24 network and Office B is on a 192.168.17.0/24 network. I want to connect the two networks, but cannot change their IP addresses or subnet mask as there is a MPLS cloud in place already for standard network traffic.

We have a Cisco RVS4000 router lying about, however I don’t seem to be able to get the routing working between the two networks. Is this possible with this device, or should I be looking at something like an 800 series router?

Many thank.

1 Reply 1

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I do not think RVS400 would be a best fit in your environment. You will need a router that can route traffic between two subnets. If you are not worried about full connectivity between the two subnets, then you can buy a simpler Linksys Home Router and put it between the subnets. But if you are looking for full connectivity, then I would suggest at least a 800 series router.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card