cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and ITU-T G.703

bagnolini
Level 1
Level 1

Can you tell me if  VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 is compatible with standard ITU-T G.703?

I've got router 2821 with PVDM2-32

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I suppose your VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card is intended to be used in your 2800 voice gateway for external pstn calls. You can ask to your provider to get an E1-PRI (if in Europe) access for your voice calls. Also in function of your call volume, you can even ask to get only E1 partial channels activated  (for example 15 instead of the 30 voice channels).

Best regards

Karim

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Bagnolini;

According to table-2 of this link, NO :http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028d2db.html

You have to get VWIC2-1MFT-G703 (or VWIC2-2MFT-G703) module which supports G.703 (unstructured E1).

Regards.

Karim

Ok, what standard I have to ask to my provider?

Hello,

I suppose your VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card is intended to be used in your 2800 voice gateway for external pstn calls. You can ask to your provider to get an E1-PRI (if in Europe) access for your voice calls. Also in function of your call volume, you can even ask to get only E1 partial channels activated  (for example 15 instead of the 30 voice channels).

Best regards

Karim

Can you give me a simple example for configure this kind of card?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: