cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX8 Media?

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

I recently ordered and received UCCX7 media & licenses.  But it looks like we're going to go with UCCX8.  We purchased ESW and UCSS, so we're eligible to upgrade to v8.

Although ESW is registered, I'm waiting on UCSS activiation.  Once I get it, I'm told I need to use the PUT tool and will receive new media and PAC numbers in the mail, and this may take a few weeks.

Is there any way to download the UCCX8 media?  On cisco.com I found UCSInstall_UCCX_8_0_2_UCOS_8.0.2.10000-41.iso and UCSInstall_UCCX_8_0_2_UCOS_8.0.2.11001-15.iso but I think those are just upgrades, not bootable installs?

Thanks,

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Challenge 1: Yuu are correct; they are non-bootable. However... they are otherwise identical to the boot media. See this link for how to make them boot: http://htluo.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-make-non-bootable-iso-image.html

I generally find that you need to be 'steal' the boot info from a reasonable similar bootable CD - so if you are on UCCX8, then you may find the boot sector from a CUCM8.0 or CUPS8.0 will work for example. Older versions may result in the boot CD just throwing a checksum error of some sort.

If you have VMWare I find it easiest to mess in ISO format, try booting a VM off it, and if you get past the initial part of the boot then go to the trouble of actually burning it for your server.

Challenge 2: Your PAK key is for the 8.0 upgrade license is stuck to the front of the media kit you don't have. The way around this is that once you have made the order and have the confirmation email, you raise a TAC case and ask nicely for a temporary license to allow you to upgrade... you can then apply your real license when it arrives.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Challenge 1: Yuu are correct; they are non-bootable. However... they are otherwise identical to the boot media. See this link for how to make them boot: http://htluo.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-make-non-bootable-iso-image.html

I generally find that you need to be 'steal' the boot info from a reasonable similar bootable CD - so if you are on UCCX8, then you may find the boot sector from a CUCM8.0 or CUPS8.0 will work for example. Older versions may result in the boot CD just throwing a checksum error of some sort.

If you have VMWare I find it easiest to mess in ISO format, try booting a VM off it, and if you get past the initial part of the boot then go to the trouble of actually burning it for your server.

Challenge 2: Your PAK key is for the 8.0 upgrade license is stuck to the front of the media kit you don't have. The way around this is that once you have made the order and have the confirmation email, you raise a TAC case and ask nicely for a temporary license to allow you to upgrade... you can then apply your real license when it arrives.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The article worked perfectly to make bootable media.  Thanks!