cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 from home with CCM

omgjames1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7940 i would like to use from home, I am using CCM 6. Can somebody please walk me through how to setup the phone up in my home office?

2 Replies 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll need some type of solution which allows the phone to access your corporate network from home.

In CUCM 8.0, the phones have a VPN Client themselves.

For previous versions of CUCM, the best solution is the Cisco Phone Proxy solution which runs on an ASA.  The ASA will use encrypted communication over the public network when signaling with the phone and proxy all communication to the CUCM.

Some business use home routers like the Cisco 871 to establish a VPN connection into the corporate network with the phones connected.

HTH

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

You will need to have a Cisco 800 Series Router/ASA 5505 or a device that can establish a VPN Connection to your office.

The reason why I suggest a Cisco 800/5505 is due to the fact that these devices has POE capabilities to power your phone.  Otherwise you will need a power brick to power the phone with a device that can do VPN/QOS.

Hope this helps, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: