Views
Helpful
Replies

WRV200 and Quick VPN Software Issues

gavinjhatton
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all.

I have recently installed a WRV200 and updated to to  firmware 1.0.39ETSI Ethernet and Wireless connectiviety from the local  LAN to the internet is working fine but I'm having difficulty in getting  any remote VPN users to be able login using the Quick VPN software.

I  have generated the VPN certificates, exported it for client and copied  this client certificate to the remote PC using the quick VPN software.  When trying to connect with the Quick VPN software it begins to connect  and I see dialog boxes saying 'Connecting...' then 'Activating  Policy...' then 'Verifiying Network....

After about 60 seconds I  then get a dialog box stating that the remote gateway is not responding  and do I wish to continue to wait.

This problem is consistent  accross 4 PCs all running WinXP SP3.

My Quick VPN version is  v1.4.0.5

Anything else I need to be doing or that I may be  missing?

Anything else you may need to know please ask,
Thanks  in advanced,
Gavin

3 Replies 3

jagor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gavin,

Can you try connecting with the newest QVPN client version 1.4.1.2? You can download that from the Cisco website. Also, I assume the network that you're connecting from is a different subnet than the WRV200?

I've uninstalled the older version and installed the new version to no avail, I'm still getting the same problem.

And yes, the network I connecting from is a different subnet from that that the WRV200 uses for its LAN interfaces.

Looks like this might be a tricky issue. If rebooting the router doesn't help, you might have to call Cisco Small Business Technical Support for them to help with a detailed analysis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: