Cisco 1252 Access Point Read Write Account

Answered Question
Jul 30th, 2010
User Badges:

HI

i sent out a Cisco 1252 AP to one of my sites and i removed the default cisco account from the device before i shipped it and now when i try to get into

it i can't .I can get logged in through telnet and it's working fine but i just can't get into the web interface. is there a way to re add the cisco account through command line so that i can log into it.

Thanks in advance

Correct Answer by dancampb about 6 years 10 months ago

You could add the command "username Cisco password Cisco" to readd the default credentials.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
dancampb Fri, 07/30/2010 - 10:14
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

You could add the command "username Cisco password Cisco" to readd the default credentials.

scooter817 Fri, 07/30/2010 - 11:12
User Badges:

I tried that and it still dosen't work, do you think that i will need to just send them another AP fresh out the box with the account in it.

Leo Laohoo Sun, 08/01/2010 - 18:53
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

How about SNMP?

scooter817 Mon, 08/02/2010 - 05:42
User Badges:

I tired that also and still no luck, so i just sent her out another one on Friday afternoon and left the default account in it.

Leo Laohoo Mon, 08/02/2010 - 14:45
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

I use SolarWinds' Engineers Toolset to change configuration of a Cisco appliance using SNMP.

Actions

This Discussion