Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1252 Access Point Read Write Account

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

HI

i sent out a Cisco 1252 AP to one of my sites and i removed the default cisco account from the device before i shipped it and now when i try to get into

it i can't .I can get logged in through telnet and it's working fine but i just can't get into the web interface. is there a way to re add the cisco account through command line so that i can log into it.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

You could add the command "username Cisco password Cisco" to readd the default credentials.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

You could add the command "username Cisco password Cisco" to readd the default credentials.

I tried that and it still dosen't work, do you think that i will need to just send them another AP fresh out the box with the account in it.

How about SNMP?

I tired that also and still no luck, so i just sent her out another one on Friday afternoon and left the default account in it.

I use SolarWinds' Engineers Toolset to change configuration of a Cisco appliance using SNMP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card