cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CME 4.2 come with an attendant console?

tjaden1434
Level 1
Level 1

Our main office is running UCM 6.1, and we are planning on installing CME 4.2 at a remote office.  Our main office has one receptionist using the UCM Attendant Console application (version 6.0(1)) to answer and transfer calls.  We also have a live receptionist at the remote office...Does CME 4.2 come with Attendant Console like UCM 6.1?  If not, does it come with any receptionist/attendant software?  perhaps a watered-down version of Attandant Console?

Thanks,

Jake

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No console, no... typically CMEs are much smaller installs; if you are talking up to 30 or so extensions then a common option is to use a 796x handset with two expansion modules. The expansion modules are then filled with 'monitor' lines (basically busy lamp fields) that display the state of all the other users.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

This remote office will have more like 60 - 75 extensions.  Does Cisco sell or recommend any 3rd party attendant applications that interface with CME?  I thought I saw a post about "ARC"?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Jake,

The ArcExpress console for CME has been EoL'd

I would look into the Smart Call Connector Attendant Console from Cisco

It works with the UC500 series but is scheduled to integrate with CME at some point.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2020529

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: