WCS Background Tasks "WLC Config backup" warning message

Unanswered Question
Jul 30th, 2010

Hi all,

Hopefully the Subject line says it all, but to elaborate we have WCS 6.0.185

Under "Administration">Background Tasks>, It shows all my tasks are executing successfully except for the Wireless Controller Configuration Backup. On that one it shows Warning. If I click on the task, it will open up the details and shows me the message  "Failed for Some Devices"

Here's the Question - I have 91 controllers in this environment. How do I know which Controller(s) failed. I hope I don't have to compare between the actual backups and what is listed in WCS.

Does WCS have a more detailed log that says "Controller_name or IP" did not get backed up?

I attached a screen shot of the message.

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sabhasin Fri, 07/30/2010 - 23:27

Try looking in your wcs-0-0.log file for an entry like:

07/30/10 23:15:42.175 ERROR [monitor] [Execute Now-2] Controller Configuration Backup : SNMP operation related error during ConfigBackup, check whether the community is of read-only access. X.X.X.X MEDIATION-5,TransferConfig!X.X.X.X,uploadMode,No access

X.X.X.X is your controller's IP Address.

roman.konowaluk Sat, 07/31/2010 - 07:23

Thanks - I was kind of hoping that WCS would report back which ones

were successful and which ones failed, but this will work.

Thanks again.

mohanantassp Thu, 05/09/2013 - 20:25

hi team,

i have WCS version 5.1 now i have to upgrade to 7.0 but my database cant restore cos of version different.. can someone assist me on this.. very urgent .. thank you

Scott Fella Fri, 05/10/2013 - 05:05

That is normal. You only can restorers the same code train. You will not be able to restore your v5 to a v7. Since you are on WCS, you might want to install v5 in a new server, restore the WCS and upgrade to 7 and then do a backup and then take that backup and resort it to the existing WCS you have on v7.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content

Trending Topics - Security & Network