Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Script for Dial by name option on CUE 7.1

Hi,

Dial by name option in AA is a little  inconvenient  when there are users with the same first name or same last name, the system

spell  the names and the costumer prefer to listen  the complete names.

is it posible to do that by means of a new script?

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Filliberto,

If you have your users log in to voicemail for the first time and go through the setup wizard on the TUI, it asks them to record their name.  For any user with a recorded name, CUE will play the recorded name audio file instead of spelling the name out, which is what you're looking for.

CUE doesn't have a Text to Speech engine smart enough to be able to properly pronounce all of your user's last names correctly.  :-P

If your users already skipped the setup wizard, have them log into VM and use the setup option to record their name.

-Steve Holl

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Filliberto,

If you have your users log in to voicemail for the first time and go through the setup wizard on the TUI, it asks them to record their name.  For any user with a recorded name, CUE will play the recorded name audio file instead of spelling the name out, which is what you're looking for.

CUE doesn't have a Text to Speech engine smart enough to be able to properly pronounce all of your user's last names correctly.  :-P

If your users already skipped the setup wizard, have them log into VM and use the setup option to record their name.

-Steve Holl

Hi Steve,

I really appreciate your time for answering my post.

You are right, in my first tests both user did not have theirs name recorded, after recorded theirs names I listened the complete name in dial-by name option when there are two similar names.

By another hand for dial by extension option I expected to listen the name of the user  but I just listen the number extension.

Should I activate anything else in order to listen the name with this option.

regards

p.s

5+ for you

Filiberto,

You will need to create a custom CUE script if you want to do that. You

will use the Get User Info function to query a username and store the

'spoken name' in a variable to be played.

-Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: