cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASK THE EXPERTS - CISCO TELEPRESENCE

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert  conversation. This is an opportunity to learn about Cisco TelePresence Installations and Solutions with Thomas Runyan.  Thomas is an engineer for the Cisco Customer Advanced Engineering group  supporting various emerging technologies through product testing and  field trials. He is a technical expert in the area of video conferencing  and has participated in all aspects of Cisco TelePresence from  installations to performing CTXs and customer acceptance testing. He is  also a Subject Matter Expert for the Cisco TelePresence Certifications.

Remember to use the rating system to let Thomas know if you have received an adequate response.

Thomas might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected  during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered  questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event  lasts through August 13, 2010. Visit this forum often to view responses  to your questions and the questions of other community members.

13 Replies 13

okoroji80
Level 1
Level 1

I HAVE AN IP PHONE ( CISCO 7931) THAT REBOOTS AUTOMATICALLY ON THE PROCESS OF REGISTERING .

HO DO I GO ABOUT THIS ?

Jude,

I think you meant to post this question in the IP Telephony forum and not the TelePresence forum.  I recommend you repost your question in that area so that one of the IP Telephony experts can help you.   Also your question is somewhat vague so when you post it in the IP Telephony forum you might want to add some additional information.  You might consider adding if it reboots constantly or only once during the registration, what version of software the CUCM is running and include details of any applications or midlets you might be running on the phone.  Regards,  Tom

Hi Thomas,

could you compare Tandberg and Cisco high-end (T3 vs 3000) telepresence solution? How much bandwidth is consumed by one and another solution, what about camera position (same approach?), level of integration with other compoenents...

Regards,

Tenaro

Tenaro,

I recommend you contact your local partner or Cisco representative to get product information and product integration of the Cisco and Tandberg TelePresence endpoints.   If you are just looking for the spec sheets I can pull them for you from CCO and Tandberg’s web site but if you are looking for comparative information to make a sales decision I would recommend you contact someone who could better direct your decisions.  Regards,  Tom

I have a customer that is interested in providing a Telepresence service for companies and individuals.

They would like to be part of the Cisco Telepresence Exchange but the cisco people I have been working through tell me that the smallest sites on the exchange are 3000 units.

My customer can not justify that size of commitment but is looking for a scaled down of a 1700 unit and then being able to grow as demand dictated to a larger system.

Is this correct, or are there other paths to get into the Exchange.

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure on the criteria to get connected to the Cisco TelePresence Exchange, and would recommend you get in touch with them through your account team for details and an evaluation of your specific request.

Also be aware there are service providers with TelePresence Exchange offerings that you're customer may want to look into as well, with most of them being interconnected either directly or through the Cisco Exchange.

Regards,

Johan

Hi Richard,

We r interested to share futher details to enable exchange services. Do forward you details/region, we/our regional rep will connect you offline.

anand.kochhar@tatacommuniations.com

thanks!!

steve_vanburen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Thomas

Room remediation is expensive and my customer does not want to remediate for the smaller units such as the CTS-500, 1000 and 1300.  Is this a problem?

Thanks

Steve,

Cisco TelePresence is based upon the "TelePresence Experience" as a whole.  If the rooms are of lesser quality when it comes to continuity, lighting or acoustics the overall affect of the experience is lessened.  Cisco has improved the adaptability of the TelePresence equipment in the CTS-500, 1100 and 1300 with the Auto light adjustment features and imbedded microphones.   These improvements will help the overall experience but it may not be enough to meet the expectations of the TelePresence experience.  Also consider the person and purposes the systems are used for.  I would not recommend deploying a system in a high ranking executives office if the overall experience is lessened due to the lack of remediation nor do I believe the executive would be happy if the projected image is less than what he perceives it should be.  The room recommendations Cisco provides is to maximize the overall TelePresence experience and should be followed whenever and where ever possible even for the CTS-500, 1000, 1100 and 1300. 

Regards,

Tom

sumit_sood
Level 1
Level 1

CTRS Question:

Is there a way to download recorded meeting with presentation to PC from CTRS.? It seems the download is only available for video stream and not for presentation.

Hi Sumit,

In the current release you will need to login as administrator to download the presentation file. There is an enhancement request open and the presentation will also be reachable from the user portal in a future release.

Regards,

Johan

Hi

i have a question about tandberg study/guides resources, with Cisco video/telepresence there are several places we can get some resources, updates,guides, ..etc,

one example is PEC

however now with Tandberg the only way is to take a training !

my question is will tandberg resources be available in cco, pec, ..etc ?

Thank you

Hi Marwanshawi,

I'm not sure if/when Tandberg documentation or training will join cisco.com or PEC, but at the moment you can find (in addition to product documentation, release notes etc) online courses on the Tandberg site that are adviced as trainings to take before attending an ILT. Have a look at this link: https://tandberg.learn.com/learncenter.asp?sessionid=3-60D7A80E-B4E8-4571-8C37-07ADC80C340A&DCT=1&id=178418&page=4

Happy studying,

Johan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: