Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering NM-HDA-4FXS with CCM over MGCP

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Brought up a remote office this morning with a 2821 router/voice gateway.  The PRI is up and running fine and is registered with remote Callmanager over MGCP.  However, I am trying now to register the NM-HDA-4FXS in the same router, but cannot seem to get it working.  I have it defined in the gateway config in my call manager, but it is not registering.  I suspect that I need to "tell" it it needs to register with the callmanager like I have to do with the T1 controller and resulting serial interface, but I don't see what commands are available to do that for the NM-HDA-4FXS or resulting voice ports.  Does anyone know?

Router is a Cisco 2821, IOS version is 12.4(11)T2.  CCM version is 6.1.3000-1.

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris,

You need to have POTS dial-peers for the analog ports.  This should suffice:

dial-peer voice 100 pots

port 1/0/1

service mgcpapp

You can verify with:

sh mgcp end

If you have MGCP CCM config server enabled, if that's working properly, it should have added that for you, with a dial-peer ID of 999something.

ccm config

ccm config server

'sh ccm' will let you know if the config downloading is failing.

-Steve Holl

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris,

You need to have POTS dial-peers for the analog ports.  This should suffice:

dial-peer voice 100 pots

port 1/0/1

service mgcpapp

You can verify with:

sh mgcp end

If you have MGCP CCM config server enabled, if that's working properly, it should have added that for you, with a dial-peer ID of 999something.

ccm config

ccm config server

'sh ccm' will let you know if the config downloading is failing.

-Steve Holl

Steven,

Thanks!  The dial-peer is exactly what I needed.  I had the card shutdown when I did the inital MGCP setup and config download, so I suspect that that is why the dial peers didn't get automatically created like they do on my VG224s.

It's working great now.

Thanks,

Chris