Helpful
Replies

Problem: MOH on SPA-9000 with SLA

tomastan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First time on the CSC.

We recently installed an SPA-9000 with SLA on 6 SPA942.  The setup work well.

But we have a bugging issue.

When we put an external call on hold, we hear the music from the SIP Provider instead of the music from the SPA 9000.  For any internal call, it's work properly.

Here are our setup:

SPA-9000 with one SIP line.

Six SPA-942 configured with SLA.

If the music was not so ugly, I could live with it...  I contacted the SIP provider to ask if their default MOH could be disabled on our line, but with no success.

I would only like to know if there is any way to hear the internal music from the SPA 9000 when using shared line, or, any way to stop hearing the music from the SIP provider.

thanks

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You should be able to have the service provider stop their MOH from being sent out so the spa9000 MOH can be heard.  Ask for the support mgr of the service provider.

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, this service provider is unable to stop their MOH.

I tried using a SIP line with another service provider with no MOH on theirs lines.

The result: no MOH on the line.

What I would like to know is if it's possible to overide the MOH from the service provider.  All the configs I tried with SLA and SPA-9000 always end up with hearing the MOH from the service provider.  Our test show that if I remove the SLA, all work properly (I hear the MOH from spa-9000).

Thanks again.

The service provider with no MOH, the internal MOH should have worked with that service provider.

Things to check, in the SIP tab on the spa9000, under PBX Parameters, for Force Media Proxy, have it set to yes.

Also make sure that all the phones and the spa9000 are running the latest release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: