CCNA 640-802 Exam - Possible lab error?

Unanswered Question
Jul 30th, 2010

Hello,

I've started my CCNA+CCNP certification last July.

I've done my second 640-802 exam. Had 758 score on my first one and... 821 on this second one (passing score is 825).

My issue regards a possible error in one of the labs. ACL to be precise.

I was around this Lab for about 20-30 minutes! And i can even recall the IP's that were there! Lol...

I've talked to several buddies on my class and even our teacher about the procedures that i used in this Lab. All say that everything was fine and that it should be ok.

I'm not going to post any details regarding the Lab, only if asked so that i can solve this issue asap.

But my question is could it be possible that this particular Lab had an error of some sort?

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Mon, 08/02/2010 - 06:26

Paulo,

It's certainly possible that there was an error on the exam. Most people who have taken certification exams have run into errors, discrepancies, etc. The odds of getting your score changed are slim to none. The good news is you were so close, I'm sure you'll nail the exam next time.

Brandon

syedshareq Mon, 08/30/2010 - 12:07

Hey, I did my CCNA exam this morning, and I got 796. I also had a problem with ACLs, they just didn't seem to work. I am confident I did everything right on the question. If the ACLs had worked, I am sure I would have passed the exam. So, I just used the comment option they gave and explained them the issue. I really hope they look into that. Anyways, please let me know if you contacted Cisco regarding this. Good luck with your certification.

Shareq

pabmartins Mon, 08/30/2010 - 15:11

Hi,

Yes, i checked it over and over that lab in the exam. And although it partly worked as intended, only allowed one host to acces that server via web (port 80) and blocked all other networks to access it via web also (as intended) but blocked those networks to any type of server.

The exam stated 100% in Implementing and verifying ACL's...

syedshareq Wed, 09/01/2010 - 06:25

I believe we had the same question. But my problem was a little different. I first made an ACL and applied it on an interface. After a closer look, I found the ACL to be wrong. I then made another ACL. However, I could not delete the first ACL from the interface. The simulator wouldn't accept the syntax. I also used the question mark to check the syntax step by step, but to no avail. So, I was forced to apply the ACL on another interface. I know that simulators arent perfect, but will Cisco look into the matter and try to increase my score? Because I am sure I would have passed the exam had it not been for that lab simulation. 

riunguireripat Fri, 09/03/2010 - 10:38

I saw that question too. it is a tricky one. Another one presented me with problem of configuring an interface. It would not accept the command in any form. I got a score of 809 in my first trial

Juan Urti Sat, 09/18/2010 - 07:11

hi! do you employ the "ip access-group

N in/ou/ command?

I recommend that us write the acl in a paper and later transcribe it in the lab.

riunguireripat Mon, 09/20/2010 - 04:55

Hi,

Write 3 extended access-lists, the first a "permit" for the specific host, the second a "deny" for all host and the last a permit ip any any. Then apply them outbound on the router interface connected to the server LAN. ACLs are evaluated sequentially. Try this and I can assure it will work for you.

Thanks

Patrick

Actions

This Discussion