cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAC card military authentication through UC540?

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

I have a quick question for anybody who might know.  A client of mine is looking to determine if the UC540 can be used with the standard military issue CAC (Common Access cards).  From the research that I have completed, it appears as though some ISRs, ASAs, and even WAPs can provide authentication from CAC card enabled computers to the US Army internal network.  We have a great solution in mind for this particular client, but they would really like to maintain the ability to use their CAC cards if possible.

If we cannot provide authentication via the UC540W, is there a switch that would provide authentication in the same way that we use downstream or upstream of the UC540W that would handle this?  Some clients will be wireless and some will be wired.  Thanks in advance,

Seth

2 Replies 2

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Can anybody point me in the right direction for a source at Cisco or elsewhere that might be able to help me find the answer to this question?

Thanks in advance,

Seth

Hi Seth,

I'm not familiar with how the military CAC cards work. Can you provide more information on how it's used or how you intend on using it in your solution?

Thanks,

Anthony