cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAP2T can't access setup server

NeedHelp0
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a newbie to VOIP and networking, and very frustrated. I'd be grateful for any constructive help.

I purchased a PAP2T brand new from Amazon. Couldn't get it to work. Exchanged it. My 2nd PAP2T has the same problem: I can't connect with the server to do setup.

When I type in the given IP into the browser, it times out. Happens with both Firefox and IE. Happens with AV/Security on or off. With previous PAP2T, I powered off/on, plugged/unplugged various times. Waste of time.

The green Power LED flickers and does not hold steady.

The Ethernet LED flickers constantly.

Phone LED light is not lit at all.

The phone adapter port seems to work, in that I connected by dialing **** and was given the IP addy.

Cisco says: "Step 5:
If you  can't open the web interface, please contact your PAP2 provider  depending where you purchased your PAP2, the person/company that  configures the unit might have put a password on it.  Whether you've  bought it used or purchased it from a service provider, they are the one  that have the password to the unit." Since I purchased from Amazon, I don't see how this is an option. Also, where/how would I enter this pw?

Given that I'm having the identical problem with 2 new PAP2Ts, I suspect that I'm fatally Stuck on Stupid somewhere. Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

In the IVR, after the ****, enter 7932 and then 1 to confirm to make sure that the web server is enabled. Now see if you can reach it via your web browser.

Thanks for the response.

I did try the IVR, and still couldn't connect.

I phoned Cisco Tech Support (didn't know *anyone* offered phone support these days). According to the the tech, the issue is my 'router'- a Trendnet TE100-S5- which isn't a router, really, but a bridge (switch). As I understand it, the public IP from Comcast's modem won't work to connect with the web setup page- I need a private IP from the router.

So, it looks like I bought the wrong product, Stuck on Stupid Newbie error, and the culprit is not the PAP2T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: