NAM Queries

Unanswered Question
Aug 1st, 2010

I have installed NAM in 6500 switches. I do have the below problem in configuring the NAM module..

1)      For alerts and scheduled reports to be send to e-mail, I did the needed configuration. On testing the send e-mail alerts to a specific mail address, the hostname of the NAM gets appended with the SMTP server.

Example: I mention hostname as TEST-NAM1 under network parameters, then under e-email configuration I mention the SMTP server abc[email protected] and the test recipients as [email protected], when the NAM sends the e-mail alerts it uses [email protected] as the sender address, ideally it should use [email protected].

2)      Under monitor tab when I click on conversation and then a specific conversation then under host details it mentions DNS name not available. But the DNS parameters is configured correctly on the NAM

3)      Under the tab monitor – Applications – url, I see different URL’s and its related hits, customer needs the details of hits from where the hit is initiated and related details. I can see the counter of hits increase but there is no way to pull out it related details.

Kindly suggest...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other DC Subjects