cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV-120W Automatic Reboot

btych
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV-120W and need the ability to configure it to reboot itself after a certain time period due to cable modem being reset and the RV-120W not detecting the loss of interent connectivity and requesting a DHCP address.  Alternatively, an internet watchdog service would solve the problem as it would recognize loss of internet connectivity and reboot itself to restore the connection.  Any way to achieve this?  Software version is 1.0.0.12.

3 Replies 3

btych
Level 1
Level 1

SUPPORT .... Any one there to address this question?

Hi Brian,

Our apologies for not responding in a timely fashion.

I am going to reach out to our Product Development team and find out if they know of any trigger in the system to perform what your asking.  To the best of my knowledge there currently is not something to force this reboot as you have described but I want to reach out to them first and confirm.

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.

davbarre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brian,

I have spoken to our Development team and they have advised that this functionality is not supported.  Currently, the router is only going to request a new DHCP lease when the current one has expired.  On this router, that time is 1 day.

The only way to resolve the issue you are experiencing is manual intervention by power cycling the router, or rebooting via the management console.

I hope this answers your question.

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: