HQ <-----> Firewall/VPN <--------> Internet
15 Branch Office
In this diagram, there are 15 branch offices. It will be connected using an IPVPN point-multipoint (c/o TELCO) connection. All the branch offices will access the internet via HQ. The servers (Email, Application Servers, Databases and etc.) are located in HQ. My question are the ff:
1. What is the most suitable router that I can use on the HQ that can handle simultaneous traffic (DB, Web, Email, Voice and Internet)? I am thinking of using a VXR with NPE g1. Is there any alternative cisco router that is much cheaper but not compromising my objectives.
3. On the branch offices, would an Cisco 2921 router fit?
4. To handle the switching on the HQ, what is the most suitable series of switches particularly on the data center located in HQ? My plan is to use a 4948 for the servers and for the distribution a 4510R. For the access switches I am planning to use a 2960.
5. On the firewall equipment, I pick the ASA 5500.
6. I want to use an scalable and cost effective cisco equipment that can last 5-10 years.
I hope someone can help me on this. Thank you in advance.
John De Jesus