cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

If hub-router which has static public IP address shut down in DMVPN...

cisco_fun_4899
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm going to design a DMVPN full-mesh network same as following topology.

82589.jpg

If hub-router which has static public IP address shut down, would another three routers be able to keep their tunnels?

Regards,

Tomoyuki

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

depends on whic hphase of dmvpn u r running

what code r u running on your routers

View solution in original post

assuming you have a pretty decent code

i do not think anything would happen, the tunnel will continue to be up

but just make sure that the duration of downtime is less than the time remaining for the tunnel to reestablish

The answer is no, as the nhrp mappings will change and there will have to be a change in the hub. You could configure a dual hub scenario where if one goes down the other can take over.

http://www.cisco.com.az/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/VPNLoad/ch8_Dual_external_docbase_0900e4b180ac09d0_4container_external_docbase_0900e4b180ace543.html#wp1038638

5 Replies 5

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

depends on whic hphase of dmvpn u r running

what code r u running on your routers

assuming you have a pretty decent code

i do not think anything would happen, the tunnel will continue to be up

but just make sure that the duration of downtime is less than the time remaining for the tunnel to reestablish

Hi jathaval,

Thank you for your good help.

I got it,

Next question.

After the hub-router has downed, the mesh tunnel will be composed of three spoke-routers which have public dynamic IP address.

Once one of the three routers has reloaded and the IP address has changed,  can they keep their mesh tunnel without hub-router whitch has public static IP address?

If the answer is NO, can I prepare anything for this?

For example, replace one of the public dynamic IP by static one in order to put second static-IP-router in the DMVPN topology.

Regards,

Tomoyuki

The answer is no, as the nhrp mappings will change and there will have to be a change in the hub. You could configure a dual hub scenario where if one goes down the other can take over.

http://www.cisco.com.az/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/VPNLoad/ch8_Dual_external_docbase_0900e4b180ac09d0_4container_external_docbase_0900e4b180ace543.html#wp1038638

Super!!

Thank you for your great help!

I'll try this scenario.

Regards,

Tomoyuki

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: