Views
Helpful
Replies

devices not found in CM

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

hello

i added 2 new cisco devices to CW LMS from commom services>device and credentials>device management.

the discovery was successfull and i can see them under all devices....

however they are not found in campus manager. i waited for 2 days i tried to restart CW server but same result.

i already have some old devices with same model added successfully and found in CM.

the new devices are ASA5510, they should be displayed in CM as ciscoproducts.669 as the old ones.

any idea?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you have seen, CM doesn't support firewall devices; so you're really not gaining anything by having Campus manage them.  However, if they are in DCR, then they should appear in Campus provided they are not filtered out.  What version of Campus Manager are you using?

Hi Jo

i have Version : 5.2.1

at leat these ASA will be shown in Network topology (even if they are not connected to any device). so i can monitor their reachability :-)

After running a full Data Collection, post the ani.log.

hi jo

this morning all ASA devices magically appeared  in CM and in network topology :-)

may data collection needs to much time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco