Views
Helpful
Replies

facing problem in our voice gateway

rakeshpra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are facing problem in our voice gateway.

All of a sudden, the incoming and outgoing pstn calls started not working. When I checked the VG,I could observe everything as registered in the VG and CCM. I restarted the VG and showing the pri Lines unregistered in the VG and CCM.

After changing VG router name in the CCM issue got resolved.

The VG router name in the CCM was CS3845VG.TRV and we changed to CS3845VG.TRV.ustr.com and the issue got resolved. Since last 3-4 years, the voice gateway router is working with the present configuration in the ccm with the hostname CS3845VG.TRV.

Regards,

Rakesh

2 Replies 2

rakeshpra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are not able to understand that after changing the name of vioce gateway how its working fine.

if you want any logs then please revert.....

regards,

rakesh

This is a common issue.

MGCP registers based off of 'hostname' if no domain name is specified on the router.  If you specify a domain name, the gateway will try to register with hostname.domainname.

What likely happend is that you recently configured a domain name on these gateways.  Perhaps to configure SSH and generate the key?  As a result, it changes the name the gateway will try to register to CM with.  Hence, the next time the gateway needs to re-register to CM, it will fail.

The name as specified in CM should always match what shows up in the top of the 'sh ccm' output.  You can get a 'debug mgcp pack' output to verify the full name the device is trying to register with.

-Steve Holl